This Week’s Economic Highlights – July 26
TD Canada Trust provides a weekly economic highlight report that we choose to share with our clients and those who follow us. This is an easy place to stay current on the broader economic conditions in Canada and the U.S. so that you are better informed to make stronger decisions around your own real estate investments. We are always available to answer any questions or walk through your real estate investment goals for now or in the future.
Full Details of the TD Canada Trust Economic Highlights Here
- May payrolls data was the main economic data highlight this week. It showed decent payrolls growth and a bounce-back in wages.
- Looking to next week, we expect a healthy May GDP growth report on the back of solid gains in manufacturing sales and housing activity. This would provide further confirmation of a second-quarter growth rebound.
- Markets had no summer vacation this week, with a new British PM, dovish message from the European Central Bank, and new U.S. GDP data to digest.
- Advanced economy central banks are all sounding dovish, with the Bank of England likely to be more cautious next week now that the risks of a disorderly Brexit have risen.
- Second quarter GDP data showed that U.S. domestic growth remained solid in Q2. But the Fed is likely more concerned with weakness in investment and exports as it prepares to cut rates next week.